Wednesday Prompt: Yesterday, you constructed a full AP Language argument essay. Think about the experience from beginning to end. What part of writing the essay was easiest for you, and what part was the most challenging? Why? What is one thing you would do differently on your next argument essay?

Prompt Response: The easiest part for me was definitely deciding what side of the argument I was on. After thoroughly reading the prompt, I first understood the argument, then chose my stance. The most challenging part for me was deciding what evidence to use. I haven't had to come up with evidence off the top of my head, and it is challenging for me to do so. On my next essay, I will try to refrain from using phrases such as "In my opinion" or "this shows," but instead I'd use smoother transitions.

Summary: Today in class we wrote a full argument essay

Reflection: This week I learned what writing an essay under time felt like as well as the vocab we have been learning.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone's attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.

Thursday Prompt: Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Wednesday Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.