Tuesday Prompt: Some students look at a rubric only after receiving their grade, while others use it as a guide while completing the assignment. Which approach do you usually take? After reviewing the AP Lang Argument Essay rubric today, explain how you could use the rubric as a roadmap to improve your argument writing.
Prompt Response: I don't take either approach. I first try to complete the assignment, and then I look over it and compare it to the rubric. I find which points I am missing, and then I add those in to ensure that I get the most points I can. After reviewing the Argumentative Essay rubric, I now know the components that must be in my essay to receive all six points, and I also know that I need proper grammar to have the fourth (and final) point for the evidence portion of the rubric. Hopefully, this will guide me to getting a 5 on the exam in May and an A in the class this year.
Summary: Today in class, we went over the final point in the rubric (sophistication) and then reviewed an Argumentative Essay Prompt.
Reflection: This week so far, we have reviewed the rubric for our essays to ensure that we know which components we need to get full marks on our papers. We also reviewed a past prompt from an AP Lang exam and wrote a claim with three pieces of evidence attached to it to answer the prompt.
Comments
Post a Comment