Friday Prompt: Think about your practice with the “So What?” method today. What is one thing you understand about commentary now that you did not fully understand before? How will you apply it when writing your next AP Lang argument?

Prompt Response: One thing I understand better is how to introduce it. For example, instead of saying "this shows" or "my evidence is," I can go straight to my point. I can apply this when I'm writing my next paragraph by implementing the wording I learned. Another thing I learned is that I can use various transitions. I can use "such as" or "for example."

Summary: Today we practiced writing our commentary for different prompts.

Reflection: This week, we focused on the different aspects of the rubric for our argumentative essay. We also practiced writing commentary for our paragraphs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone's attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.

Thursday Prompt: Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Wednesday Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.