Write about something that you believed as a child.

 Prompt Response: As a child, I believed in Santa Claus. I believed that every christmas eve, he would come down the chimney, eat the cookies we left out for him, and put presents under the tree. I would stay up all night and listen for him to put presents under the tree. All night long, my eyes would be glued to Googles, "Santa Tracker" so I could see when he was close to me. I believed he came every year on Christmas Eve.

Summary: We talked about what a claim is and the three different types of claims

Reflection: I now understand the different types of claims and how to use them to strengthen my argument.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone's attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.

Thursday Prompt: Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Wednesday Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.