What were you trying to persuade them to do or believe? How did you use ethos, pathos, or logos to persuade them? Which appeal was most effective and why?

 Prompt Response: I was trying to persuade someone to allow me to have an internship with them. I used both logos and pathos. I used a logical argument that we were both photographers and that if you want to get to certain places internships are a must. I used pathos to appeal to his emotions when I made him feel a certain way when I said I wanted to be like him. I think the logical argument gave me a good base but when I appealed to his emotion it really changed the point of the argument and he ended up giving me the internship.


Summary: Emotional appeals aren't good to start with but rather finish, I got the internship, I can create a logical argument to help me prove a point

Reflection: I learned how to use Ethos, Pathos, and Logos to help me prove my opinion in my argument. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone's attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.

Thursday Prompt: Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Wednesday Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.