Wednesday Prompt: Think about a time when you made a claim or gave an opinion, but someone asked you, “Why?” or “How do you know?” Describe the situation. What evidence did you use to support your point, and why is explaining your evidence just as important as providing it?
Prompt Response: The other day, when I was at work, a friend of mine asked me what my favorite soccer team was. She said that hers was Barcelona but mine was Real Madrid. If you don't already know, these two teams have one of the longest standing rivalries in the game of soccer. She had asked my why Madrid was better than Barcelona and I said three things - trophies, history, and team depth. With having more trophies and a richer history, one can easily see that Madrid is a better team, and then when you go look at the team, there's a lot of depth when it comes to positions as well as the difference in ages.
Summary: Today in class we did a murder mystery debate, talked about OJ Simpson's case, and read part of a text that we are going to write about on Friday.
Reflection: I have become better at being able to prove my point using evidence. I know how to use the evidence I have and manipulate it to how I want it to sound to my audience.
Comments
Post a Comment