Friday Prompt: What has been going well for you, what has been challenging, and what is one thing you need to improve moving forward?

 Prompt Response: Throughout our first 4 weeks in AP Lang, I have learned a lot. I really enjoy learning about arguments and how to build a good convincing argument by using strategies. Something that has been going well for me is that the class isn't too hard yet. Not much has been challenging yet. If I need to improve something going forward, it would be my writing skills. I want this to improve so I can do well on the AP test in May.

Summary: This week, we talkes about the OJ Simpson case and we used writeable to write an argument on whether a "good kill' is really a justifiable claim for death.

Reflection: I have learned to manipulate the evidence provided to me to strengthen my argument the way I see fit (ex. OJ Simpson gloves). I have also learned how to explain my evidence through readings, experiences, and observations.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday Prompt: Think about a time when you exaggerated something to make a point, tell a story, or get someone's attention. What happened? What did you say? Why did you exaggerate? Looking back, do you think your exaggeration made your message more effective? Explain.

Thursday Prompt: Think about a speech, song, or message that has inspired or motivated you. How did the speaker or writer use language to make an impact? Connect your experience to at least one rhetorical device you identified in Dr. King's "I Have a Dream" speech.

Wednesday Prompt: After reviewing the feedback on your argument essay, identify one thing you did well and one area you need to improve. Explain what you will do differently the next time you write an AP Lang argument essay.